It goes without saying that if you have a wired Xbox 360 controller, all you have to do is connect it to your computer. However, if you have a wireless controller, things get difficult from here. Then you have to ask – how to connect Xbox 360 console to PC without receiver.
Things need to connect your Xbox 360 controller to a PC without a receiver
First of all, know that many people will recommend you to connect using Bluetooth. But that can’t be done because Xbox, officially released for PC, is refusing to connect to Bluetooth. This is because the wireless controller uses a frequency that is different from the use of Bluetooth. However, there is a way you can connect your console to a receiver.
You need to use an adapter for this. Know that connecting an Xbox 360 console to a PC is almost impossible without the use of an adapter. This means you need to buy an adapter first. But there are many adapters available in the market, you may be wondering which one you should get. As such, note that it depends on your budget. If you want a high-end device that securely connects your console to your computer, select the one sold by Microsoft.
However, if you’re looking for something within a budget, look for recurring or background elements. So let’s first deal with the installation of the official adapter, and then go to the repeater.
Steps To connect your Xbox 360 console to your computer without a receiver
Now that you have the adapter, it’s time to install it. If you want to install the official Microsoft, the steps are simple. But note that these steps will only work on Windows 8. Here’s what you need to do.
- You must first connect the adapter to your computer.
- Now, please wait for it to be detected by your computer and required devices.
- After identifying it, you need to go to Device Manager and access it. Click the Start button there. Be aware that clicking on the Windows logo will also work.
- Now go to this search bar. You need to type “Device Manager” and then find the downloaded Xbox adapter.
how to connect xbox 360 controller to pc without receiver windows 7
- You will get a hint with “Add Devices”. It will tell you to add a USB adapter. Once you have done so, you need to click on the “Install software automatically” option. After that, the process should happen automatically.
- However, if you do not have the required drivers, you may run into problems. But there is a solution, which is to download the right drivers.
- Once the installation is complete, you will need to switch to the “Pairing Controllers to PC” option. that’s it.Your Xbox 360 console should now work on your computer. If you are using another Windows operating system, such as 10, the installation process will not be much different.
How Can You Install A Not-Official Adapter?
- If you have purchased a low quality adapter, but it works perfectly, it is already possible to install it. The installation process is as follows
- First, connect your adapter to any of your computer’s back ports. Now, if you have a USB hub, you need to turn it on. And here’s a tip: make sure you choose a port you don’t use for anything else. This is because if you plug it in, you will have to reinstall it.
- Then go to Device Manager and select your Windows logo. Next, type Windows Device Manager in the search bar.
You should ideally find your adapter under the Other Devices section. Next, tap Unknown Devices.
- If you follow the steps above, you will quickly install the wireless adapter and then connect the controller to your computer. We recommend that you purchase a legal wireless adapter as it will last longer and be much easier to install. Know that if you think this process is difficult, there is an easy way to buy a wired adapter.
Hi Everyone I Am Selena The Owner of Visaiqama.com We Upload Daily News Article About Trending Topics Around The World